- How to use this website
How to use this website
The Food and Environment Research Agency has a broad customer base from government departments through academia and global household brands to small/medium size enterprises (SMEs) and individual farmers.
The services we provide are equally broad, from policy development and regulation in plants bees and seeds, through pest and disease identification to food contaminants analysis, environmental risk assessment and wildlife management.
To help our clients find the information or service they want, we have established the main website navigation along sector lines whilst providing alternative routes into content via tools like feature boxes and a text rich quick links facility.
Our site navigation
You can navigate our site using three consistent navigation menus - the top navigation bar, main navigation bar and left hand navigation column.
The top and main navigation bars are consistently displayed across each page of the site. If in doubt about where to find something, scroll to the top of the page you are on and you will always see these two bars highlighting our core content areas.
The top navigation bar highlights our 'Corporate' content, including the About us and Careers sections.
The main navigation bar displays a list of the core sectors we work in, providing links to information about the research and services we offer to customers within each sector.
The left hand navigation column displays once you are within a content section of the site. This navigation provides a list of pages within a section offering greater detail on a particular research or service area.
This facility can be found in between our top and main navigation bars in the top right hand corner of each page and will give you rapid access to some of the online services we run for:
- Plant importers and exporters
- Seed registrations
- Bee keepers
- Laboratory proficiency testing schemes
- Decision support tools for agronomists and the fresh produce sector
Here are some examples of customer types and associated short cuts to finding the content likely to be most relevant to you:
- For details of our work on plants, bees and seed policy development and services, use the Plants, Bees & Seeds tab in the main navigation bar
- For details of the analytical testing services we provide, use the Food & drink tab in the main navigation bar
- For details of our research programmes and the staff involved, use the Research & science tab in the main navigation bar
- For overview information on Fera, use the About us link in the top navigation bar homepage
Food and drink producer or processor:
Use the Food & Drink tab in the main navigation bar for a list of the services we offer with links to details of each test.
Horticulturalist, grower or farmer:
Use the Plants, Bees & Seeds tab in the main navigation bar to access:
- The Plant Clinic for pest and disease diagnosis
- Plant Health and seeds related public consultations
- Plant varieties information and national listing
- Seed certification
- Plant material imports and exports
- Seed potato classification
- Application forms and other forms to do with any of the above
Ag-chem company or pharmaceutical company:
Use the Environment tab in the main navigation bar to access a list of services with links to details of each service.
Airport manager or renewable energy developer:
Use the Wildlife tab in the main navigation bar to access a list of services with details of each service.
To access BeeBase, use the Quick Links box in the top right hand corner of the homepage.
Academic institutions and partners:
Use the Research & science tab in the main navigation bar to access information on the research we are involved with, our lead scientists in each field and links into our publications.