We have produced a set of general questions and answers about the Asian longhorn beetle to provide more information about this non-native pest.
- What does the beetle look like?
- What are the signs?
- What should I do if I find one?
- Is it just from China, or can it come from other places?
- Can it survive in the UK?
- How long do the beetles live?
- What are the main host trees for ALB?
- Is oak a 'host' species?
- What fruit tree species does it attack?
- What timber species does it attack?
- How far can the beetle fly?
- What are the implications of the fact that the life cycle from egg to beetle could be more than two years in the UK?
- What can be done to stop more of the beetles getting into this country from abroad?
- How many outbreaks has the UK had previously?
- What is the situation elsewhere in the EU?