What we do
Plants, Bees & Seeds
Fera delivers statutory services in relation to plant health, bee health and plant varieties and seeds. Fera is also responsible for issuing of licences to release non-native biocontrol agents in England.
Government Decontamination Service
GDS helps the UK prepare for recovery following a deliberate act involving chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) materials, or an accidental release of hazardous materials (HAZMAT).
Land Use and Sustainability
Fera provides research, risk assessment and advice to Government in support of land use strategy. Fera also operates the GM Inspectorate and conducts Pesticide Usage Surveys.
Wildlife Incident Unit
Working closely with the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme (WIIS), the Wildlife Incident Unit (WIU) plays a key role in investigating the effects of pesticides on animals, insects and the environment.
- PRESS RELEASE: Muddy Boots Software Partners with Fera
- Strengthening the Phytosanitary Directorate of Montenegro
- Forensic Access - new quality accredited DNA profiling service for the criminal justice system
- Quality control of pesticides – Fera gives official UK laboratory report
- PRESS RELEASE: New Business Model for Fera
- Assuring the Integrity of the Food Chain, 24 - 28 February 2014 (directs to www.fera.co.uk)