Fera plays a unique role in providing consultation and science capability to consumer bodies, the food industry and government. Scientific excellence, industry trust and regulatory influence position Fera as impartial practitioners in the food sector.
Food confidence is the essential link between the consumer, the industry and the regulators. Consumer desire to purchase a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle drives innovation in the food sector. Assurance through science, technology and regulation, facilitates promotional activities in relation to new and existing product lines with the assurance that market position and brand protection are maintained through independent and confidential consultation.
We ensure confidence in the integrity of the food supply chain through our wide understanding of ingredients and manufacturing processes, applying our skills to enable the development of new products and supporting the marketing of legitimate labelling claims.
We offer a wide range of services in relation to the verification of products and ingredients. These include:
- Sourcing and confirming the activity of functional ingredients
- Promoting the sustainability of responsibly sourced foods
- Establishing the authenticity of origin defined products (e.g. geographical, species, botanical)
- Verifying Special Marketing Terms (e.g. Organic, free range, corn fed)
- Understanding ethical labelling claims such as Halal, vegetarian and GM free
- Detecting and preventing food fraud
- Managing emerging food threats effectively (e.g. adulterants, allergens, toxins, taints)
- Advising on the implication of food labelling and safety legislation
Please if we can help you to market your product with confidence.