What we do
Plants, Bees & Seeds
Fera delivers statutory services in relation to plant health, bee health and plant varieties and seeds. Fera is also responsible for issuing of licences to release non-native biocontrol agents in England.
Land Use and Sustainability
Fera provides research, risk assessment and advice to Government in support of land use strategy. Fera also operates the GM Inspectorate and conducts Pesticide Usage Surveys.
Wildlife Incident Unit
Working closely with the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme (WIIS), the Wildlife Incident Unit (WIU) plays a key role in investigating the effects of pesticides on animals, insects and the environment.
Welcome to our website. Here you will find information about the regulatory services we provide in Plant Health, Bee Health and Plant Varieties and Seeds.
If you are looking for information about our commercial services, including our Plant Clinic, Food Quality and Safety and Agri-Technology services, please visit our new website www.fera.co.uk.
Please note, information on the UK Government Decontamination Service has moved to www.gov.uk.
- US food integrity to benefit from FAPAS and Sigma-Aldrich® collaboration
- MiSeq solves mystery of carrot necrosis strengths
- “Expect the unexpected” is Fera’s message to the food industry in light of the Elliott Review
- Fera at the World Agri-Tech Investment Summit: London 24th – 25th September
- Taking the sting out of bee diseases
- The 7th Meeting of the Global Microbial Identifier, 11-12 September 2014, York (directs to www.fera.co.uk)
- The International Conference on Global Plant Health Risks and Policy, 27-28 October 2014, York (directs to www.fera.co.uk)