What we do
Plants, Bees & Seeds
Fera delivers statutory services in relation to plant health, bee health and plant varieties and seeds. Fera is also responsible for issuing of licences to release non-native biocontrol agents in England.
Government Decontamination Service
GDS helps the UK prepare for recovery following a deliberate act involving chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) materials, or an accidental release of hazardous materials (HAZMAT).
Land Use and Sustainability
Fera provides research, risk assessment and advice to Government in support of land use strategy. Fera also operates the GM Inspectorate and conducts Pesticide Usage Surveys.
Wildlife Incident Unit
Working closely with the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme (WIIS), the Wildlife Incident Unit (WIU) plays a key role in investigating the effects of pesticides on animals, insects and the environment.
Welcome to our website. Here you will find information about the regulatory services we provide in Plant Health, Bee Health, Plant Varieties and Seeds and the Government Decontamination Service.
If you are looking for information about our commercial services, including our Plant Clinic, Food Quality and Safety and Agri-Technology services, please visit our new website www.fera.co.uk.
- Top gun!
- Keep a look out for - Banded-winged whitefly
- Tour de Fera - Centenary challenge for British Heart Foundation
- Fera talks biopesticides and integrated pest management
- PRESS RELEASE - Project launched to protect major EU fruit crops
- The 7th Meeting of the Global Microbial Identifier, 11-12 September 2014, York (directs to www.fera.co.uk)
- The International Conference on Global Plant Health Risks and Policy, 27-28 October 2014, York (directs to www.fera.co.uk)