What we do
Plants, Bees & Seeds
Fera delivers statutory services in relation to plant health, bee health and plant varieties and seeds. Fera is also responsible for issuing of licences to release non-native biocontrol agents in England.
Government Decontamination Service
GDS helps the UK prepare for recovery following a deliberate act involving chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) materials, or an accidental release of hazardous materials (HAZMAT).
Land Use and Sustainability
Fera provides research, risk assessment and advice to Government in support of land use strategy. Fera also operates the GM Inspectorate and conducts Pesticide Usage Surveys.
Wildlife Incident Unit
Working closely with the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme (WIIS), the Wildlife Incident Unit (WIU) plays a key role in investigating the effects of pesticides on animals, insects and the environment.
Welcome to our website. Here you will find information about the regulatory services we provide in Plant Health, Bee Health, Plant Varieties and Seeds and the Government Decontamination Service.
If you are looking for information about our commercial services, please visit our new website www.fera.co.uk.
- PRESS RELEASE: Opportunity knocks – apprenticeships open the door to a career in science
- World-class food testing technology – better detection of fraud and protection of consumers
- Allicin, a novel botanical biopesticide for tree disease and pest management
- Cereal killer – herbicide resistance
- Increasing the resilience of food production and agriculture in the UK